4 Bedroom Hinterland home with swimming pool and just 15 mins to Byron Bay.
Nestled in the lush slopes of an old dairy farm in Possum Creek and minutes from the quaint Federation township of Bangalow and pristine beaches of Byron Bay, Basil’s Brush is a restored colonial farmhouse marrying warm and serene interiors with modern functionality.
Designed to accommodate up to three families, Basil’s Brush offers three queen rooms featuring French doors, a fun kid’s bunk room containing four single beds and a TV/DVD, a well equipped kitchen with adjoining dining area and lounge room, a generous sized bathroom with a bath, a 2nd ensuite bathroom, a second lounge area, a fully outfitted laundry with additional toilet, a fenced pool with gazebo, wood-fired pizza oven, sprawling verandahs, multiple entertaining area, and even a secret tunnel for the kids to sneak into their bunk room.
Imagine waking to the soothing moo of resident cows, wandering down to Bangalow for a morning coffee and freshly baked Danish, trawling the designer stores and eclectic antique haunts for vintage treasures, before collecting some local produce and returning to Basil’s Brush to immerse yourself in a good book on the verandah hammock. Meanwhile, the kids can splash the day away in the pool, watch a DVD, play a game of backyard cricket or venture down to Possum Creek to spy a platypus.
From the secret tunnel leading into the vibrant kid’s bunk room to the well-stocked DVD and board game collection, Basil’s Brush has been designed to be a haven for families with children. We know that if your kids are happy, then everyone’s happy!
- Basil’s Brush is a holiday retreat that encourages its guests to connect with nature. You will find that there is a limited satellite Wi-Fi connection that is to be used for emails and general internet searching only. It is not suitable for movies, video, or live stream content that requires large download capacity. However, it’s the perfect spot for taking time out and enjoying a connection with the surrounds.
- There is a separate cottage approx 100 meters away from the main house on this property where the owner sometimes stays.
*Please note that mobile phone reception is limited in this area
- Group restrictions: Maximum of 8 adults at the property.
- Strict no party policy – fees and eviction can apply for security call-outs (in response to the noisy neighbour hotline).
- No schoolies permitted.
- Christmas and New Year Bookings: if dates include both Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve a 12 night min stay applies.
- We reserve the right to cancel any bookings made that do not comply with these conditions. Breaches of these conditions during your stay may result in loss of bond or immediate termination.
- A deposit of 50% of total rent is required at time of booking. Final payment is due 30 days prior to arrival. If the booking is made within 30 days of arrival, full payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Bond of $1000 will be processed 1-3 days prior to arrival.
- 4 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- Hinterland Views
- Pay TV
- Ceiling Fans
- Laundry Facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Family Friendly
- Non Smoking
- DVD Player
- Fenced Yard
- Pet Friendly
- Full Kitchen
- Hair Dryer