Please Note: Payment of the booking deposit constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
▪ Booking Requests – are subject to availability and confirmation in writing.
▪ Usage – the premises are let to you for holiday purposes only and only for the period stated on your confirmation. No weddings, parties, or large gatherings are allowed. The number of people occupying the premises must not exceed the number of people that were initially booked. No outside guests allowed on premises without pre-arrangement from management. The guest making the booking must be staying at the property & be 21yrs of age or older, we do not accept groups of people under 21yrs of age in our properties, except for the designated schoolies weeks. Any increase in numbers must be agreed to in advance and may incur an additional fee. Bookings are non-transferable unless confirmed with Byron Bay Holidayz in writing.
▪ Quotations – are subject to availability and are not guaranteed until receipt of the deposit and confirmed in writing. All care is taken when quoting however if there is a miss-quote or an incorrect price advertised the owner reserves the right to refuse the booking or terminate the agreement.
▪ Check In/Check Out – premises are strictly available from 2pm on the day of arrival and are to be vacated by 10am on the day of departure. Late check-outs must be approved in writing. Late check outs will attract a further charge.
▪ Dissatisfaction – Should you have any maintenance issues please contact the office immediately so that it can be rectified in a timely matter. If the issues cannot be rectified we will offer alternative accommodation subject to availability. Please choose your holiday accommodation carefully as no refund or change of property will be possible once your booking is confirmed. Byron Bay Holidayz does not accept liability for changes made due to renovation, alteration and refurbishing of individual properties. We endeavour to keep our website updated at all times. During your stay, if you report an appliance unusable or not in working order, Byron Bay Holidayz will attempt to have repairs or replacement of appliances attended to as soon as possible, however due to circumstances beyond our control, immediate repair or replacement may not be possible. No responsibility is accepted by Byron Bay Holidayz or the owner in such circumstances. There will be no refunds or discounts for unusable appliances awaiting repair or replacement. If repairs or replacement cannot be attended to during your stay, we will attempt to supply a substitute appliance if possible.
▪ $0 Rate display – Online bookings with $0 display in any day of your stay will not be honoured.
▪ Maps and Images– Map images are for general information and may not necessarily reflect latest or actual services and geography.
▪ Key Return – please read your confirmation with regards to key return.
▪ Payment – A deposit of 50% + 2.2% service fee of the total rent is required to reserve a property.
The balance of the accommodation tariff is to be paid in full, 30 days prior to arrival. If your arrival date is within 30 days of booking or the total booking value is $500 or less, then full payment must be made when booking. (Bond if applicable, must be received within 7 days of your check-in date).
▪ Currency – All prices quoted are in Australian dollars (AUD).
▪ Non Payment of Balance – If the balance is not paid within 30 days of arrival the booking may be cancelled and the deposit paid will not be refunded. Confirmed bookings made less than 30 days prior to the arrival date must be paid in full within 24 hours following confirmation.
▪ Cancellation/Refund Policy – All cancellations must be in writing to Byron Bay Holidayz.
Peak times = Easter, New Year, Christmas, QLD/NSW/VIC School Holidays, Splendour and the Blues festival.
Cancellations within 30 days or (60 days for peak times) of the arrival date = Fee: All funds paid forfeited (less security bond). All conditions apply to cancelled or part cancelled bookings which reduce the dollar value of the booking also changing from one property to another or giving 30 days or less notice (60 days or less notice during peak times).
31 days or more to arrival or (61 days for peak times) = Fee: $200 + booking fee.
For bookings less than $200, total value of booking (less security bond).
Dates booked are not transferable and moving dates constitutes a cancellation.
The booking is made in good faith and maybe subject to change. In the unlikely event that this should occur, we cannot accept responsibility for actions taken by the property owner, however we will endeavour to offer alternative/available accommodation should this occur. Byron Bay Holidayz reserves the right to cancel any booking due to owner/operator error and refund all funds.
▪ Bonds – If a property does require a bond this will be stated on your Itinerary/Booking Confirmation. The bond payment is processed by credit card and then refunded back to the same credit card within 3 working days of departure. The Holiday Letting Bond relates to any missing or damaged items, excessive noise leading to complaints and general cleanliness of the property (beyond the usual level for the property). All Bond claims incur a $50 admin fee.
Please note that Byron Bay Holidayz has a strict NO PARTY rule in all properties as most are located in residential areas.
▪ Service fee – All bookings incur a non-refundable service fee of 2.2% of the total booking value (excluding bond amount).
▪ Changes to Bookings – A fee of $50 is incurred per change. All changes must be in writing to Byron Bay Holidayz in advance. Increase in number of guests/composition of guests or change of dates.
▪ Itinerary/Confirmation Accuracy – It is essential that you check the accuracy of your itinerary/confirmation when you receive it. If any information is incorrect, please speak to one of our staff as soon as possible so we can amend the details and send you an updated itinerary/confirmation.
▪ Security – Security call outs are charged at $165 including GST per call out + admin fee of $50. After a 2nd complaint, you may be evicted without refund. If a security bond claim exceeds the bond held, the guest agrees that any outstanding balances are to be paid directly to Byron Bay Holidayz within 1 week of notification, including any associated recovery fees. If any claims are made against your bond, a $50 admin fee will apply and be deducted accordingly.
▪ Confirmed bookings – If booking is made less than 30 days prior to the arrival date, it must be paid in full within 24 hours following confirmation.
▪ Descriptions – Byron Bay Holidayz has taken due care and responsibility to verify and check all information on our website, brochures or any written or verbal material supplied, as at the time of compilation, however, as this information is subject to change, it accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracy or misrepresentations.
▪ Unavailability – In the unlikely event that a property becomes unavailable due to owner/operator error, Byron Bay Holidayz reserves the right to cancel the booking and refund all funds paid.
▪ Non-Transferable – bookings will not be moved to alternate properties. Any movement of bookings is at the discretion of Byron Bay Holidayz.
▪ Smoking – For the comfort of all our guests, all our properties are non-smoking properties unless otherwise stated. We appreciate your understanding. Charges for cleaning due to smoking in the property will be deducted from your bond. Minimum charge of $250.
▪ Breakages – and losses or damages to the property are to be reported to the agent immediately.
▪ Special requests – We will attempt to satisfy all special requests, but are unable to provide a guarantee.
▪ Additional cleaning – if required, will be charged to the client at the discretion of Byron Bay Holidayz.
▪ Loss of keys or remotes – will be charged to the client at the discretion of Byron Bay Holidayz. There will be a minimum cost $50.
▪ Pets – Unless specified our properties do not permit pets. Please contact us should your require a pet friendly property and we will endeavour to find the appropriate property for you and your pet.
LICENCE NOT A TENANCY
Bookings made with Byron Bay Holidayz are not a residential tenancy agreement under residential tenancy legislation. Guests are granted a limited permission to occupy the property for short term holiday accommodation.
Liability – You agree to indemnify Byron Bay Holidayz and our partners, agents, employees and representatives against all claims, suits, demands, damages, liabilities, costs or expenses in any way out of or in any way connected to your use of this website. Byron Bay Holidayz shall not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, delay, additional expenses or inconvenience caused directly or indirectly which are beyond our control, or which are not preventable by reasonable diligence on our part including, but not limited to war, civil disturbance, fire, floods, unusually severe weather, acts of God, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accidents, theft to or failure of machinery or equipment or industrial action.
Please Note: The Deposit Constitutes Acceptance Of These Terms & Conditions.
BYRON BAY SCHOOLIES BOOKING CONDITIONS
Additional to Booking Conditions All Properties
Schoolie Bookings need to be confirmed via phone as not all properties accept schoolies or take bookings more than 12 months in advance. Please call 0404 960716 to confirm the property you are interested in, is a Schoolie property before making payment.
By proceeding to make a booking you acknowledge that all members of your group have read and accepted the schoolies terms and conditions and will abide by them and one nominated group leader will be responsible for the reservation.
Payments and cancellations
- 50% Deposit is to be paid at the time of the booking + 2.2% non-refundable service fee.
- Your Deposit is Non-refundable under all circumstances on Schoolie Bookings. We strongly advise that you take out travel insurance in the event that you have to cancel your booking.
- The dollar value of a booking can not be reduced as this is classed as a cancellation and monies are non refundable. Any administration changes to your booking will incur a $100 service fee.
- The balance of your accommodation and your security bond is payable by the 1st September on the year of arrival. Bond amount is $1,500. If these funds are not paid by the due date your booking could be cancelled and no monies will be refunded.
Conditions of the property
- Number of guests booked is the maximum allowed and will be strictly enforced. No extra people permitted at property, that are not stated on your confirmation. Only the guests originally booked can occupy the premises. Bookings are non-transferable.
- Property security – The property is to be fully secured when unattended.
- Departure – Upon vacation: all rubbish is to be placed in the bins provided, dishes washed and put away, furniture in original position, excess dirt swept, rubbish removed from gardens, BBQ cleaned.
- Strata Title Laws must be observed.
- Visitors: No visitors allowed permitted on the property over schoolies weeks. A security guard has the right to enter the property if necessary.
- No Parties
- No smoking – No smoking inside the property. Charges for cleaning due to smoking in the property will be deducted from your bond. Minimum charge of $250.
- NOISE: No excess noise from Stereos, TV’s, DVD’s or other electronic equipment, loud voices etc. is to be made at anytime. For the comfort of other guests and neighbours, minimal noise only to be audible outside of the property at any time. Additionally, if the police or security are called or your group is warned for noise more than once your bond may be forfeited and you will be evicted.
- Damages – All damages, breakages or losses to the property furniture or furnishings will be paid for by the guest. Loss of keys will attract a $50 fee.
- Security guards will perform sporadic patrols over all accommodation during schoolies. This is not just to observe noise levels, but for your security and we would encourage you to speak to a guard if you feel it necessary. If the security guard reports to Byron Bay Holidayz of intolerable behaviour from any member of your group, this may result in eviction without refund.
Breaches of these conditions may result in the forfeiture of your security bond, refusal of key and/eviction at the discretion of the management. If you are evicted prior to your departure date the balance of your accommodation is NOT SUBJECT TO REFUND.
Byron Bay Holidayz is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement. Byron Bay Holidayz may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/01/2013
What we collect
Contact information including: name, address, phone number, email address, demographic information such as postcode and any other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for internal record keeping. We may use the information to improve our products and services. We may periodically send promotional emails about new products and special offers that we believe you may be interested in. To investigate any complaints about or made by you, or if we have reason to suspect that you are in breach of any of our terms and conditions or that you are or have been otherwise engaged in any unlawful activity and/or as required or permitted by any law (including the Privacy Act). We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please send an email to: [email protected]
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information collected through this website is not disclosed or passed on to third parties unless it is in accordance with this privacy statement. Information may be provided to third parties where any functions or services are being outsourced or you would reasonably expect us to disclose it to a third party for a particular purpose.
We will not disclose your personal information in circumstances other than those described above without your prior consent. The only exception to this rule is where disclosure is necessary to prevent injury to life or health, to investigate any suspected unlawful activity or where it may be required by law such as in a response to a warrant, subpoena or other legal process.
Byron Bay Holidayz (ABN 60 375 797 942 ) Security Statement
Byron Bay Holidayz takes our users’ security concerns seriously. We strive to ensure that user data is kept secure, and that we collect only as much personal data as is required to make our users’ experience with Byron Bay Holidayz as efficient and satisfying as possible. We also aim to collect data in the most unobtrusive manner possible.
- We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- When purchasing from Byron Bay Holidayz, your financial details are passed through a secure server using the latest 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology. 128-bit SSL encryption is the current industry standard.
- Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although Byron Bay Holidayz strives to protect such information, Byron Bay Holidayz cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our online products or services and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we take reasonable steps to preserve the security of the information in our own systems
- Links to other websites – Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy and security statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy and security statement applicable to the website in question.
If you have any questions about privacy or security on the Byron Bay Holidayz website, please email [email protected]